Monday, January 2, 2012

Nighties for Daddy

This actually happened a few days ago, but I forgot to post about it, and it gave me a good laugh. :-)

We went to Kohl's to do a bit of shopping, and at one point I took Theo to the baby department to look at onesies while Chris tried on men's clothing. The baby department at this Kohl's happens to be across from the lingerie department, and when Theo got bored, he ran over to the lingerie department to inspect the wares. First he grabbed a pair of lacy panties on a mannequin and said, "Oh, maybe these are for Mama!" I started laughing and commented that they weren't quite my style, while trying to get him to stop groping the mannequin.

Then he moved on to nightgowns. His first pic was a dark-blue satin shortie nightgown, and he announced, "This one is for Daddy!" As I snickered away, picturing Chris modeling a fancy little nightie, Theo moved on to his next pick for Chris: a high-necked red-flannel granny nightgown, which he insisted Chris would really like. The lingerie department was quite full that day, and I'm sure the women in there got a good laugh out of Theo's manly choices for his father's nightwear!

For the record, Chris wears sweats and a T-shirt to bed. Nighties are NOT his thing! ;-)

No comments: