Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Life of Crime

We're pretty sure that Theo is either going to rule the world someday or end up in prison for masterminding some sort of elaborate investment scheme. At this point, it's looking more like the latter. This morning, he hatched his latest and greatest scheme to outsmart Mommy and Daddy. He wanted to play with Chris's iPhone, and I said no because (1) Chris had it with him at work and (2) Theo has his own iPod Touch to play with (my old, disabled iPhone, which I recycled into an iPod Touch for him). Now, Theo has long tried to ask the other parent for permission when the first one forbids something (although he's not successful in his efforts, since neither Chris nor I are dummies!). But today Chris was already long gone to work, so desperate times called for desperate measures.

Theo picked up his iPod Touch and made the following pretend phone call to Chris:

"Oh, hello Daddy! You're on the BART train right now? I would like to play with your iPhone. Okay? Okay--Feo can play with the iPhone. Thanks--bye!"

He then "hung up" and informed me that Chris had given him permission to play with the phone.

Evil genius!! We must channel this talent for manipulation into the purposes of good! I must admit that I'm secretly quite impressed by his creativity in these endeavors, though....

No comments: