Monday, January 23, 2012

College Dreams...and a Realization of One of Life's Great Truths

Two amusing bits from today so far! Theo thinks Chris's job is the height of glamour, and he will often tell me, "I'm going to go to work at Daddy's office. I will do two jobs, go to a meeting, and have a granola bar for lunch"--or some variation of this. But today, as he mentioned this in the car on the way home from preschool, he suddenly shouted, "But first I will go to college! I am going to college!" The rest of our conversation went like this:

Me: Oh good--I'm glad you're going to college! College is good.
Theo: Daddy went to college.
Me: Yep, he did. So did Mommy. Mommy and Daddy both studied English, which means we read lots and lots of books. What are you going to study at college? You can study English and read a lot, or you can study math and work with numbers, or you can study music, or art, or you can study to be a doctor...."
Theo: I'm going to study music! [Are we surprised?!]
Me: I think that's a really good idea, since you love music so much. What kind of music do you want to study?
Theo: Um...I want to study music on the radio. I think I will study Pink.
Me: Aha. I didn't even know they offered a college degree in Pink, but that sounds like a super idea. Will you play an instrument, too?
Theo: Yes. I'm gonna play a tuba. A really big one!

So there you go--he's got it all mapped out. He'll be a tuba-playing Pink scholar. An interesting combination, to be sure.

And a bit later, he came to one of life's great realizations when some of his pee dribbled on the toilet seat. I wiped it up and said, "That's okay--sometimes a little pee gets on the seat." Theo's reply? A solemn, "And sometimes poop happens."

Indeed it does...

3 comments:

Jonna said...

That last line made me snort with laughter! You have got quite an amusing and clever little man on your hands. :)

Janeane said...

"poop happens" has been cracking me up for the past two days!!!!

Cathleen said...

Ha ha, me too! It's just so true!!