Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Why You Should Never Make an Instructional Video with a Four-Year-Old in the Room

In honor of Down Syndrome Awareness month, I've been posting a tidbit about DS each day on Facebook. Today, I posted about speech, feeding, and oral placement therapy. I have several Facebook friends who I've never met--we've become friends through the Down syndrome community. One of them has a daughter just a bit younger than Sam, and she is having trouble getting her daughter to eat solids. So we talked back and forth, and I told her I'd send her a video of a feeding technique that our speech-language pathologist taught me.

Now, I've never met this woman, so I don't know how humorous (or not!) she finds "potty talk." Thus I will NOT be sending her my first attempt at the feeding-instruction video. Listen closely near the end to hear Theo's nonchalant announcement. Oh, Theo...never a dull moment!


1 comment:

Lynnanne Gates said...

Well, of course! Why wouldn't you sing about bottoms and penises and poopoos and peepees in September, Mom? Come on!! ;-)