Friday, September 28, 2012

My Son the Chauvinist

I don't know who's teaching my son to be a chauvinist, but someone is! First there was this exchange about women's work. And today we had this conversation:

Theo: Mommy, does Daddy read the Sports section at breakfast?
Me: What do you think? [Theo has a tendency to ask questions he knows the answers to, so we now either have him answer the question or we help him rephrase it into a statement.]
Theo: Yes!
Me: I think you're right. And what do you do at breakfast?
Theo: I read the paper. I read the Sports section.
Me (snickering at my four-going-on-forty child): Yes...yes you do.
Theo: And Mommy reads about the weddings!

Um, what? I've never once read the Wedding section in front of him! In fact, I don't think our paper even has a wedding section! And I'm not particularly fond of weddings, so even if it did, it wouldn't be a section I'd read! Not sure where he gets the idea that he and Daddy read sports while I read about weddings, but...

Though in his defense, he's at least right that I don't read the Sports section. I read the Food section. Which is far less girly than the Wedding section. ;-)

No comments: