Friday, October 19, 2012

Cure for the Common Sore Throat

Theo is nothing if not inventive. Today, he was scheming for a tasty treat. I heard this from the back of the car:

Theo (creating a "conversation" between himself and me): "Oh, my froat [throat] pinches!" [and then in an imitation of my voice] "Oh, really, Theo? Okay, let's go home and get you some sorbet to make your throat feel better!"
Me [laughing]: You are a scam artist, my friend! Nice try...
Theo: Mommy, my froat hurts!
Me: Really? Well, if your throat hurts, you probably shouldn't go to preschool today....
Theo: It doesn't hurt, Mommy. Not too much. It just needs to be a yittle bit stronger.
Me: So what would make it stronger?
Theo: Maybe some black-eyed peas...
Me: Oh--black-eyed peas make a sore throat better?
Theo: Yes. Or maybe a popsicle.... I know, Mommy--we will just drive home and get a popsicle!

Nice try, my little friend...nice try....

No comments: