Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Power of Persuasion

For the most part, we encourage healthy eating in our house. And Theo is a great eater--loves his fruits and veggies! Because of that, we have no problem with allowing him the occasional "junk food" treat--everything in moderation, you know?

One of his favorite treats is a trip to McDonald's. He likes to "take" Grandma Diane there when we visit her, and every so often he and Chris will have a father/son breakfast date to McDonald's or Burger King.

So today, as I drove him home from occupational therapy, he apparently decided that he'd like to go for a fast-food treat.

Theo: Mommy, I know! How about we stop and get me something for dinner?
Me: Um...we have food at home.
Theo (undeterred): How about we go to McDonald's?!
Me: Not today, buddy. I'll make you dinner when we get home.
Theo: But Mommy, wouldn't you like some ice cream at McDonald's?

Ooooh, clever trick, my son! And it might've worked...if only our McDonald's wasn't closed for construction right now. Because I have to admit, a McDonald's hot-fudge sundae is indeed a tasty treat!

No comments: