Thursday, November 29, 2012

IT Professional in Training?

Theo has an old iPhone that we recycled to be an iPod Touch. As such, it is WiFi-enabled, so when he's using it at a WiFi hotspot, like our house, he can access the Internet. This makes him happy, as he likes to watch YouTube videos.

All well and good, but he gets rather annoyed when he brings it in the car, where there is no WiFi hotspot. I've explained to him over and over again that it will only work at home (because we don't sign onto WiFi hotspots for him when we're out and about--he's four, for heaven's sake! He doesn't need constant Internet access!), but he doesn't believe me. So today, he came up with a solution to his problem.

Theo: Mom, I'm going to go inside my computer. Will you miss me?
Me: Well, yes, of course. Which computer? And why?
Theo: The computer in my iPhone.
Me: Ah, okay. What are you going to do in there?
Theo: I'm going to go in the computer and turn some knobs and do some switches and fix my WiFi.

I see a possible future as an IT professional for him....

No comments: