Wednesday, November 14, 2012

And Again, Apparently We're Dim...

I know teenagers think their parents don't know anything, but I wasn't really expecting that yet. I mean, he's only four. Then again, he's four going on forty, so...

Anyway, I couldn't help but smile at this exchange we had in the car:

Theo (in reference to the car's CD player): Mom, can you put on Disc 3 Song 14, please?
Me: Sure. That was good asking, Theo. (On the rare occasions that he remembers to say "please" without prompting, it's cause for praise! I began fiddling with the CD player to put on the song he wanted.)
Theo: Song 14, Mom!
Me: I know. Just a minute.
Theo: Fourteen, Mom. That's a one and a four. Fourteen.

Ah, just in case I didn't know what the number 14 looks like. Good of him to explain it for me...

No comments: