Thursday, November 8, 2012

I Have Them on Speed-Dial

Theo is a big fan of the Black Eyed Peas. The other day, he wanted to know what they were doing. In typical Theo fashion, a simple "I don't know" wasn't enough. So we had this chat:

Theo: Mom, what are the Black Eyed Peas doing?
Me: Right now?
Theo: Yes.
Me: I have no idea.
Theo: Could you check?
Me: Um, not really. Maybe they're recording an album.
Theo: I fink they're doing a concert, Mom.
Me: At 10 a.m.? Maybe, I guess...it's a little early in the day for that.
Theo: Could you call them, Mom? Could you find out?

Because clearly I'd have the Black Eyed Peas' phone number. In fact, they're on speed-dial.... (When I told him I didn't have their number, he picked up his iPod Touch--a repurposed, deactivated iPhone--and called them. And apparently they confirmed that they are indeed recording an album as we speak. Or so says Theo.)

No comments: