Monday, October 7, 2013

Decision-Making


We're a pretty gender-neutral household as far as gender roles are concerned. Chris does most of the cooking, for example, because I work in the evenings and he's a better cook than I am anyway! And as for cleaning, whoever gets to it first does it. Handling the boys? Whoever isn't working at a given time does it. We're definitely not a patriarchy...more an oligarchy. So this exchange with Theo puzzled me:

Theo: Daddy makes the decisions in this house!
Me: Um...sometimes. And sometimes Mommy does. Actually, Mommy makes quite a few of the decisions.
Theo: That's good, Mommy. Because you're pretty smart.

I'm not sure whether to be flattered that he thinks I'm intelligent or appalled that his initial impression was of me as the "little woman!"

No comments: