Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Technology and Drinking Buddies

Theo was in a cranky, combative mood the other day (post-vacation letdown, methinks), and the only good thing I can say about his mood is that it made for some amusing utterances. First, he spent quite a while lobbying for a laptop, finally proclaiming, "But I need a laptop, Mommy! All six-year-olds need laptops!"

First of all, he's not yet six (not even close!). Second, I think we need to go over (again!) the difference between a want and a need!

Later, frustrated with the injustices doled out to him by me and Chris, he announced, "I'm 21 years old, Mommy. And Gavin [his BFF] is 20 years old. And we're going to go to the bar, Mommy. And we're going to drink beer and wine!"

Why do I think he's probably got a fake ID hidden in his room somewhere?

No comments: