Friday, May 24, 2013

What a Treat!

I had to have some fasting bloodwork done today, and I have to have a colonoscopy next week. I'll spare you the gory details, but Theo was very interested in why I wasn't eating breakfast and what the tests were for. The conversation came to this:

Me: Today, I can eat breakfast after I get my blood test.
Theo: Why?
Me: They just need my tummy empty when they take my blood. Then I can eat.
Theo: And next week they will look in your tummy?
Me: Yes.
Theo: Will they see your poop? [Because in Theo's world, that would be the height of excitement!]
Me: No. They give me some medicine to clear everything out of my tummy before that.
Theo: And you can't eat?
Me: Nope. I can't eat anything all day on Wednesday or on Thursday morning. Except lemon Jell-O.
Theo (getting very excited and without the slightest touch of sarcasm): That sounds like a real treat for you, Mom!

Yes, indeed, quite a treat. I'll remind myself of that when I take up residence on the ivory throne for several hours next week....

No comments: