Friday, June 15, 2012

Why Sam Is My Hero

Chris changed a lot of diapers when Theo was a baby. He and I split childcare duties about 50/50, since we were both working pretty much full-time. But now Chris has a (relatively) new job that requires a lot more time away from home, so I do about 90% of the childcare. This means that Chris has changed very few of Sam's diapers. So it was to my great amusement today when I heard an anguished, "SAM! You couldn't wait another five seconds?!" from the master bedroom, where Chris was changing Sam. It seems that Chris took the diaper off, and Sam chose that very moment to poop...all over the changing table and his outfit. And as Chris frantically searched for something to clean it up with, Sam pooped again.

Why did I laugh at my poor husband's fate? Because two nights ago, as I was finally attempting to have a lovely, peaceful bathroom experience (after both boys were asleep, of course, since I can't poop in peace when they're awake), I discovered A SPIDER CRAWLING DOWN MY ARM! Yes, as I was attempting to, as Kaiser calls it, "evacuate my bowels," A SPIDER CRAWLED DOWN MY ARM! Have I mentioned that I hate spiders? And when I shrieked that a spider was crawling on me, Chris, who was outside the door to the toilet brushing his teeth, started laughing. (And let me just say that Chris hates spiders as much as I do. He would not have been laughing if it was him!)

So I like to think that this was Sam's way of extracting revenge on my behalf. Payback's a b**ch, eh?!

No comments: