Friday, June 29, 2012

The Pitfalls of Pee

Theo has recently begun standing to pee (which is actually rather comical, since he tends to stretch his "parts" out like a piece of Silly Putty--ouch!). The other day, I was trying to shove a tuna sandwich down my throat quickly, while Sam wailed. (He's in a "hold me all the time, Mommy!" phase, but my back was killing me after a couple of weeks of this, so I put him down to eat my sandwich.) Theo chose that moment to have to go potty, and I heard this from the bathroom:

Theo: Mommy! I made a HUGE poop!
Me (around a mouthful of tuna): Terrific. Be sure to wipe yourself and then flush.
Theo: And actually, Mom, I peed all over my socks.
Me (snickering around said mouthful of tuna): Okay, that happens. Just take them off and leave them in the bathroom for me.

A few minutes later, I see Theo wandering around with his socks on.

Me: Theo, I told you to take off your socks and leave them in the bathroom for me!
Theo: Actually, I'm just wearing them wif pee, Mommy.

Of course...why not?!

No comments: