Friday, June 22, 2012

He's in Good Company

Theo is certain he was present at Chris's and my wedding. And despite my grandmother's suspicions, he was not--he became a twinkle in our eyes about three weeks after the fact. But I don't care to explain conception and such to him in great detail at this point, so our recent conversation went like this:

Theo: Mommy and Daddy got married there [pointing to the lodge where we were married]!
Me: Yep!
Theo: And I was there, too!
Me: Nope, you weren't there.
Theo: Where was I?
Me: You weren't here with us yet.
Theo: But where was I?
Me: You hadn't been made yet. You remember how Sammy grew in my tummy for a long time? So did you--but you hadn't even started to grow in my tummy when we got married.
Theo: Well, where was I?
Me: Um...you were in the stars.
Theo: I was up in the stars with Johnny Cash!

Interesting. Who knew he was hanging out with the Man in Black while he waited to grace us with his presence?!

No comments: