Friday, June 15, 2012

He Thinks We're Dim...

It's very apparent that Theo sometimes thinks Chris and I are idiots. Sometimes he thinks we hold the keys to the universe and can fix any problem, such as when his bus driver never arrived to pick him up for school, and he was certain that I could somehow remedy the situation and make his bus appear. (Alas, I could only remedy it by taking him to school myself, which didn't please him.) But other times, he thinks we're idiots. This was apparent the other night, when I overheard the following conversation between Theo and Chris:

Theo: Daddy, what did you pack?
Chris: In what?
Theo: Daddy, what did you pack?
Chris: What did I pack in what? I'm not sure what you mean, Theo.
Theo (speaking very slowly, with exaggerated enunciation and THE LOUD VOICE PEOPLE TEND TO USE WITH OTHERS WHO THEY DEEM NOT VERY BRIGHT): DADDY. WHAT. DID. YOU....PACK?

We never did figure out what he was talking about...which probably only furthered his assumption that we're idiots.

No comments: