Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hit Man

I'm beginning to fear for my life. Theo desperately wants to go to daycare (because his lady love Paulina goes), and he has hatched a plan to bump off me and Chris so he can go. The discussion went something like this:

Theo: I want to go to daycare!
Me: You don't have to go to daycare--Mommy works at home so she can stay home with you.
Theo: When I don't have a mommy and daddy anymore, then I can go to daycare!
Me: You're always going to have a mommy and daddy....
Theo: When mommy and daddy go on vacation, then I can go to daycare!
Me: Well, usually you go with us on vacation....
Theo: When mommy and daddy are in the stars, then I can go to daycare!

"In the stars" is his description of what most people would call heaven--where people go when they die. We haven't wanted to get into discussions of religion with him, so it's been easiest to just tell him that deceased people and animals are "in the stars."

That said, if I find out he has taken out a large insurance policy on our heads, I'm going to be really worried.

No comments: