Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What Goes on at the Kennel

Theo is currently undergoing an assessment through the school district (long story!), and today was the language portion of the evaluation. It was really interesting to watch, and I beamed with pride as my almost-four-year-old blew through the language-comprehension portion of the test. It only goes through comprehension up to age seven, and he aced it! I can only imagine how far beyond age seven his actual comprehension goes, since he tends to be very strong verbally. As an editor, you can imagine that my heart swelled with pride that my boy is good with words. :-) But perhaps even more, my bathroom-humor side swelled with pride at this exchange between Theo and the evaluator:

Theo: I need to call the kennel.
Miss I: You need to call the kennel? What do you do at the kennel?
Theo: I see dogs pooping there.

Well, yes...yes indeed!

No comments: