Monday, March 12, 2012

Bathroom Etiquette

One thing I love about Theo's preschools is that they have taught him very polite phrasing. We tend to be pretty relaxed about how we phrase things--we're more likely to say, "Theo, wanna go to the store?" than "Theo, would you like to go to the store with me?" for example. (I realize this is a bit odd, given that we're both editors! But just because we know the proper ways to speak and write doesn't mean we do it all the time!)

Anyway, lately Theo asks everything in the form of "Mama, would you like to...?" It's rather cute when it turns out to be something he wants me to do for him, such as, "Mama, would you like to make me a copy of that CD?" (Um, not really--there are other things I might rather do. But gee, you asked really nicely, so...) But it's particularly amusing when it has to do with bathroom issues. The other night, I heard a sweet voice call from the bathroom, "Daaaaaaaadddddy! Would you like to wipe my bottom?"

Now, how could Chris turn down a request like that?!

No comments: