Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Unique Problem--and Solution

The things that pop into preschoolers' minds are endlessly fascinating to me. For example, Theo likes to make shapes with his hands--he'll touch his thumbs and index fingers together to make a circle shape or a diamond shape. Today, we had this conversation:

Theo: Mommy, I'm going to make a circle with my fingers.
Me: Ah, it looks great!
Theo: Mommy, I can't make a square with my fingers....
Me: No, I guess that would be kind of hard.
Theo: Yeah, it's kinda tricky for me. I need square fingers. Can you get me some square fingers, Mama?

Sure...the next time I'm at the square-finger store. :-)

2 comments:

Linda said...

I saw your post on Deanna's blog. I wanted to welcome you to our extended family. We are here for you and your family. : )

Cathleen said...

Thanks, Linda!! That's really nice of you! :-)