Friday, February 3, 2012

Baby Excitement

Yesterday was music-class day, and we arrived a few minutes early. One of Theo's classmates was outside--a little girl named Kylie--so we stopped to chat with her and her nanny for a bit. Theo and the nanny had an interesting little talk about his latest obsession (diapers):

Theo: Hi Kylie! Mommy, I fink Kylie is wearing a diaper.
Me (wondering whether I ought to clue in my son that a gentleman doesn't discuss a lady's undergarments): Well, she might be, or she might be wearing underpants...
Theo: Your [my] baby brother will wear diapers!
Nanny: Theo, do you have a baby brother coming?
Theo: Yes, I do. (He answers almost everything in full, formal sentences lately--quite amusing!)
Nanny: Are you excited about your new baby brother?
Theo: Um...the baby will eat and sleep and poop in his diaper!

Well...yeah. I guess that does pretty much sum up the excitement surrounding a newborn. They eat. They sleep. They poop. Yep, the boy's got it down....

No comments: