Friday, August 10, 2012

My Hair Is Like a...Cello Bow??

One of Theo's favorite instruments to play in music class is the cello (sized down for small hands!). His teacher, Jon, tries to show the kids that they should not touch the hair on the cello bow by showing them a bow with frayed, ratty horse hair that has been touched by one too many students. He lets the kids touch the ratty old bow and then tells them not to touch the smooth, pristine hair on the new bow. (Not the greatest idea to tell a bunch of preschoolers what not to touch, as it just makes it all the more interesting to them, but I digress...)
The other night, I was leaning over Theo as he laid in bed, reading him a book. He reached up very gently and touched a lock of my hair that was falling out of my ponytail and said reverently, "Horse hair...."
Gee, thanks!

No comments: