Thursday, August 2, 2012

He's Not My Son

Yesterday, I was driving Theo to his OT appointment, and he asked me a question I've gotten a lot from him. But the conversation took an amusing turn:

Theo: Mommy, have you met Paulina?
Me: No, but I wish I had. What's Paulina like?
Theo: I like penises.
Me: What??
Theo: I like the peas. And Tico likes the carrots. And Mike liked the chicken.

Let me translate for you: He thought I asked what Paulina likes, rather than "what's Paulina like?" And Roxann and Mike made chicken, mashed potatoes, peas, and carrots when he was at their house for dinner on Friday...of which he apparently liked the peas (a.k.a. penises, apparently...). And this is why he's clearly not my son. Of this meal, the peas would be my least favorite. I can't possibly have created a child who likes peas....

No comments: