Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Let Me Tell You How It's Done, Mommy

We have reached the age where Theo thinks Chris and I are morons who need things explained very carefully to us. This is actually rather amusing, because Theo is quite polite about it--he just explains everything in great detail and very slowly, as if he's talking to a couple of not-too-bright people. Yesterday was a good example:

Theo: Mommy, I want to ride the school bus.
Me: I know, Theo. It's not set up yet, though.
Theo: Mommy, could you call and set it up?
Me: No, they have to call me. I don't have their number. I'll check with the school office, though.
Theo: Mommy, you need to keep your phone with you. And you need to make sure it's on so you can hear it if they call you. Because they might call you, Mommy. They might need to talk to you....


But it wasn't just me. The conversation continued after I picked him up that afternoon:


Theo: Mommy, did you set up my school bus?
Me: Sort of. I called, and they said it should be ready on Thursday.
Theo: I want it now! The driver just needs to turn on the radio. Then he needs to start the bus. Then he needs to make it go "beep, beep, beep" [the warning sound the bus makes when backing up]. Then he needs to drive to Mt. Diablo. Then he will be at my house!

I love that the first step for the driver is turning on the radio--even before he starts the bus. Priorities, people! And I can just see Theo giving the driver helpful driving tips when his bus service does start!

No comments: