Monday, December 19, 2011

His "Super-Special Car"

I hear kids sometimes have an imaginary friend by this age. Theo doesn't have an imaginary friend, but he does have a "super-special car!" We've been hearing about this car for a week or two now, and we're pretty intrigued. Apparently the super-special car is very colorful--if you ask him what color it is, he'll supply you with a whole list of colors. And it does really neat things. For example, when we were stuck in traffic trying to get to music class last week, Theo announced from the back seat that if we were in his super-special car, we could "just push a button and fly right over the traffic!"

Also, the super-special car will take you wherever you want to go. Today, Theo wanted Jamba Juice. But he would have Jamba Juice every day if it were up to him, so we save it for special treats. And so I said, "No, I don't think we'll do Jamba today. Maybe another day this week." He replied authoritatively, "I'm just going to drive my super-special car to Jamba Juice!"

The super-special car goes other places, too. When I asked him the other day where he would drive it, he said, "I will drive it to my old house--no, not there. Some other people live there now. I will drive it to my new house. Then I will drive it to preschool. Then I will drive it to my gym. And then I will drive it to Grandma and Murphy's house!" (Murphy is my Mom's new dog--for those wondering, no she does not have some mysterious Irish boyfriend!)

Apparently the super-special car will also drive us to Disneyland. We're all pretty excited about that.

But there's one problem: We have yet to see the super-special car. According to Theo this morning, it's going to arrive "soon." But then later today, he informed me that "Mama needs to order your [my] super-special car." So evidently I'm supposed to order this Inspector Gadget-type car that does really neat things such as fly over traffic and drive us to Disneyland! Hmmm...anyone know where I can get one??

No comments: