Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Art of Transference

Much like his Mama, Theo does not like being cooped up in the house! Yesterday, he came down with a swift, brutal cold bug. He was a complete mess by late afternoon: Fever over 102, coughing, glassy eyes, no energy, not eating, and all that good stuff. Thankfully, his fever broke overnight, so today he is raring to go--but still coughing quite a bit. And I'd like to keep him a little quiet today, just to make sure the fever doesn't come back. Theo doesn't agree, though. In suggesting to me all the fun things we might do today, we had this conversation:

Me: Theo, I'm not sure we'll be doing much today. You're still not feeling all that well.
Theo: No! Feo is not sick! Luna [our pug] is sick! Feo is much better now!

Nice try. For the record, Luna is not sick--and Theo is much improved, but not 100%. But I like the way he tried to shift the focus onto the dog! Just wait until he has a baby brother to try to shove this stuff off on!

1 comment:

Janeane Wyatt said...

Aww, poor Feo! But good thinking switching the focus!!!

Emma is better today, but still feverish and coughing. We were supposed to go to Santa's Breakfast this morning, but I just didn't think it was a good idea. When she asked if we were going, I told her no because she was still sick. Her response, "it's okay! I don't feel too bad and I won't cough on anyone!!!"