Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Career Aspirations

A couple of weeks ago, Theo randomly announced after his nap that he needed to go to work. We had this exchange:

Me: Work, huh? Where do you work?
Theo: At the mall.
Me: What do you do at the mall?
Theo: Um...I put broccoli in bowls for people.

This led me to believe that he was aspiring to a career at Panda Express, serving up broccoli beef to the masses. However, his career aspirations have since changed to something slightly more creative (but probably not much more lucrative). I came upon him playing his guitar and singing a song he had composed, which is apparently titled "The Sleepy Song."

Me: Hey, I like your song!
Theo: Um, I'm just gonna take my guitar and get in my super-special car...when my super-special car gets here. And I'm gonna drive to Walnut Creek. Then I'm going to find the parking garage. Then I'm going to push the elevator button; then I'll be done with that. And I will take my guitar to downtown Walnut Creek to the farmers' market, and I will play my song for the people.

Aha! I see we have moved on to the career of street performer! And once again, the "super-special car" saves the day--it will convey him and his guitar to their gig. Excellent!

No comments: