Saturday, March 16, 2013

Tales of a Drunk Preschooler

Theo had to get a tooth pulled and two cavities filled. Being the high-strung type, he was far too nervous for the dentist to do it with just laughing gas. (We tried--it was a no-go.) So, we had to reschedule his appointment so it could be done under "conscious sedation." In other words, the dentist got my 4.5-year-old "drunk" on Versed so he'd be nice and relaxed for the procedure. It worked--and the added bonus was that I got to see Theo "drunk," which was pretty darn hilarious. Theo being Theo, he was still trying very hard to talk...but it just wasn't working too well!


When the procedure was over and the Versed started to wear off, he turned into a belligerent drunk, which was equally amusing. The whole way home, I could hear his angry voice from the back seat, demanding, "WHY is my lip hurting, Mommy? How long will it hurt for? How many minutes? Why CAN'T I use the iPad? I am FINE to hold the iPad, Mommy! No, I do NOT need to rest, Mommy! I am feeling JUST FINE!"

No comments: