Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sweetness

Okay, this isn't a funny post, but it was so sweet that I had to share. I was talking to my Mom on the phone the other day, and she said she's having a hard time thinking of what to get Theo for his birthday. So a few minutes later, when I put Theo on the phone, they had this conversation:

Grandma Diane: Theo, what would you like more than anything for your birthday? What would you really like to have?
Theo: I want to come to your house.
Grandma D: You want to come to my house?
Theo: Yes. And you can bake me a cake. [Okay, this part is funny. My Mom hates to cook and bake!] And Mommy and Daddy and Sammy will go somewhere else, and I will stay at your house.

I was so touched that what he wants most of anything is to spend some one-on-one time with his Grandma! Though it turns out there's a little ulterior motive going on: According to my Mom, whenever we leave Theo with her, he tells her all the things that she lets him do that we don't, and then tries to convince her that they need to do them.

Ah well, it's still sweet!

1 comment:

Jonna said...

Theo is one clever little stinker!