Friday, April 13, 2012

Poop Savant

These days, I seem to be posting a lot of poop stories! But this is because Theo is very, very interested in poop, so he talks about it a lot. Today we were in the car, and apropos of nothing, I hear:

Theo: I want to touch bat poop.
Me: You want to touch bat poop?
Theo (very seriously): Yes.
Me: Okay... Why do you want to touch bat poop?
Theo: So I can pick it up.

Um, okay... The funniest part was that he then continued to mutter to himself in the back seat: "There are lots of kinds of poop. Dog poop, cat poop, people poop, bat poop, rabbit poop...." And he was so darn serious about it! It reminded me of that guy in Forrest Gump who talks about all of the zillion different ways his family prepares shrimp. Or perhaps the Rain Man... That's my son--a poop savant!

No comments: