Sunday, September 7, 2014

School Music


One of the best parts of Theo's new school is the fact that we can walk to it. So instead of sitting in traffic, frazzled and only half listening to Theo's morning chattiness (because, you know, I have to pay attention to cars and all that jazz), I can walk along with him and actually pay full attention. And some of what he has to say is pretty darn amusing. Last week, he had music class for the first time in his new school, and here was his take:

Theo: Mom, why does my school only do kids' music? Why don't they let us do grown-up songs in music class?
Me: Well, most schools only use kids' music. I guess it's because some parents don't want their kids listening to grown-up music. 
Theo: Well, I'm lucky because I get to listen to grown-up music at home.
Me: Yes, you are lucky....
Theo: That was God's decision, Mom.
Me: That you can listen to grown-up music? No, that was mommy and daddy's decision. Though it was God's decision to make you part of our family....
Theo: Yes, because God knew I needed to listen to grown-up music like AC/DC, Mom.

Indeed. I'm sure musical freedom factors heavily into the Almighty's decisions about families....

1 comment:

RUTH FEIERTAG said...

Only when it concerns AC/DC …