Sunday, September 7, 2014

He's Not Hugh Hefner, I Promise


And continuing the lines of "embarrassingly inappropriate things said by my first-grader," Theo had his little friend Ella over for a play date on Friday, and as Ella's mom and I were chatting, Theo and Ella ran up to us, and Theo asked, "Hey, can Ella and I go take a shower together?"
As Ella's mom sat trying to stifle a laugh, I awkwardly said, "Um, no. We're playing down here." Theo, of course, wanted to know why. "Well, um, that's just not normally something you'd do on a play date. We're just playing down here." AWKWARD! I didn't want to get into a discussion about this on the spot! And honestly, I'm not even sure what I'd tell him, because I'm quite sure there was no sexual meaning behind it—he thinks it's the height of fun to use the hand-sprayer to shoot water in his mouth and then spit it all over the shower wall, and I suspect he wanted Ella to join in the fun.

But instead he sounds like some six-year-old Hugh Hefner. Oh, Theo....

No comments: