Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Matter of Critical Importance

I have to take Sam to the ENT on Friday because the tubes in his ears don't seem to be draining, and he keeps getting ear infections. Unfortunately, due to the timing of the appointment, I have to bring Theo with me. (Dragging him along to a boring doctor's appointment isn't particularly fun for anyone involved. He's reasonably well-behaved, but he's like any bored five-year-old boy confined to a small exam room...antsy.) I told him about this yesterday, and we had the following conversation:

Theo: Mom, are you picking me up at school on Friday?
Me: I am. And then we have to go to Antioch Kaiser.
Theo: Why?
Me: Because Sam's ENT doctor needs to check his ears.
Theo: Oh good, Mommy. I need to talk to her.
Me: You do?
Theo: Yes, Mom. I need to tell her about the boogers in my nose. Why are they there? Why are there so many boogers in there? I don't like them, Mom. And what's up with my ears? I need to ask her that, too.

I can see the ENT will be getting a little more than she bargained for when we arrive. :-)

No comments: