Monday, January 13, 2014

Our Demise

Chris and I are in the process of finalizing our will and related legal documents. Theo asked why I was calling a lawyer, and I explained in very simple terms that we are making sure that if anything ever happens to me and Chris, he and Sam have a place to live. But, I assured him, we plan to be around for a long, long time, so it shouldn't ever be an issue.

Theo immediately asked, "Where will we live?" I answered that he and Sam would go live with Auntie Lynnie if anything happened to Mommy and Daddy, and his eyes lit up as he announced, "When can we go live with Auntie Lynnie?!" I told him probably never, as we plan to be around for a long time. He seemed a bit disappointed.

A few days later, my sister called to wish me happy birthday, and I asked Theo if he wanted to say hi. He did—and he got on the phone and blurted out, "Hi, Auntie Lynnie. When Mommy and Daddy die, you can come pick up me and Sam to live with you. But don't forget to bring my stuffed animals and my bed, okay?"

Poor Theo. He'll be very sad when he finds out that Chris and I aren't going away that easily!

No comments: