Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Music Critic

Growing up, one of Chris's neighbors was an older boy named John Ottman. Chris actually had a bit part in one of John's first films--a home movie that included a bunch of the neighborhood kids. John is now a successful composer and film editor in Hollywood, and he recently composed the score for the movie X-Men 2, among others. John's mom, Mary, gave Theo a copy of the X-Men 2 CD, as she knows Theo loves music, and she's rather keen on Theo because he reminds her of John as a boy.
Anyway, Theo wanted to listen to the CD, so I put it on. And he was commenting that at the beginning of the score, it's "pretty, beautiful, classical music--not scary at all!" And then as we got further into the score, he excitedly said, "Now this is scary music, Mommy! I think when this music is on in the movie, it's when the scary men come! What do the scary men do?"
I replied that I didn't know, given that I haven't seen the movie. I said, "You could ask Daddy. I think he might've seen it."
Instead of waiting for Chris to get home, Theo took matters into his own hands and decided that the "scary men" come in and "pull their shirts over their head like this and ROAR!!!"
He may indeed be right. In case you haven't seen the movie, this is apparently what the scary men do:

No comments: