Monday, July 23, 2012

Apparently It's Not a Fluke...

A while back, I posted about Theo correctly subtracting time. He had asked me what time it was (1:30) and what time we had to leave for swimming (1:50) and announced, "Set my timer for 20 minutes!" I was shocked...but wondering whether it was just a lucky guess. Apparently not...because today we had this conversation:

Theo: What time can I get off quiet time?
Me: 3:40. See, I wrote it on your paper.
Theo (looking at his clock, which showed a current time of 2:35): I have just five minutes!


Well, actually an hour and five minutes, but I'm still stunned that he once again correctly subtracted the minutes. What amazes me even more is that he did it instantly in his head--no counting on his fingers, and no hesitation. An adult can do that, of course...but he's four years old. Then again, he thinks he's an adult, so maybe that explains it? ;-) 

No comments: