Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Why I'm Dieting...

Theo has a tendency to ask the same questions every single day, multiple times a day. I think he just wants to talk and runs out of things to talk about, so he reuses old conversations. So, when it's something we've already discussed a zillion times, I usually remind him that he already knows the answer. And usually he does. But sometimes not so much. Like during today's conversation:

Theo: Mommy, why did we move out of our house at 133? [Our old street address was 133, and Theo likes to attach numbers to everything, so he calls that house "133."]
Me: I think you already know the answer to that.
Theo: Because you got too big to fit through the door.

Gee, thanks, kid! I may have put on a few pounds, but not that many!

(In reality, he means that our family outgrew the house, which is actually half of the answer. The other half is that Chris got a new job 100 miles away, so we had to relocate. Neither answer has anything to do with the size of my rear end!)

No comments: