Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Wishes

I had an interesting conversation with Theo about his Christmas list today:

Theo: Mom, I want a really, really loud drum set for Christmas. With cymbals. That would make me really happy, Mom.
Me: I'm sure it would. Though I'm not so sure it'd make me too happy....
Theo: And an electric guitar, Mom. Can I have an electric guitar for Christmas?
Me: We'll see what Santa brings you.... Is there anything else you want? [I was curious to see whether he'd include anything not related to music, since his other requests have been a CD player and CDs.]
Theo: Um, yes. I'd like a crock pot.
Me: A crock pot?? Why??
Theo (matter-of-factly): Because I don't have one.
Me: That's true. But what do you want to do with a crock pot?
Theo: Make things, Mom. Like cereal and tofu.
Me: Oh, okay.
Theo: I also want a coffeemaker, Mom.
Me: A coffeemaker? But you can't drink coffee yet! What are you going to do with it?
Theo: Make coffee and drink it, Mom.

Of course. Because all four-year-olds should drink coffee and eat slow-cooked tofu while jamming on their really loud drum sets and electric guitars....

No comments: