Wednesday, July 4, 2012

It's a Living...

Theo is lately very interested in Chris's job. He wants to know exactly what Chris does, where he does it, why he does it, etc. I explain these things to him and then tell him that I work, too--because for whatever reason, it bugs me to think that in Theo's mind, Chris is the only one who works. (My own insecurity, I know...)
So yesterday, we had this discussion:
Theo: What are we going to do on Thursday?
Me: Well, you'll go to preschool, and Daddy and I will work.
Theo: What does Daddy work at?
Me: In South San Francisco. And Mommy works at home.
Theo: I work, too.
Me: Really? What do you do? What's your job?
Theo: I do dress-up and buy the food.
Aha! I see that his playing dress-up with his friends at school has evolved, and he now dresses up and does the shopping. I'd love to be a fly on the wall and see this....

No comments: